Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Jobs for Youth Screening Day Testimonials

My participation at the JFY Screening Day was a pleasure! I was interviewed by a very nice person (Vicenta Arrizon) who also gave me feedback on how I did during my interview. She gave me positive feedback and gave me some advise on what I should do if I needed time to think when asked a question. I should pause... and not use the words “like" or "um.” She also took the time to look through my resume and cover letter to make corrections. She helped me fix those errors. Overall, after the interview, I was really glad that I went. The advice Vicenta gave me, I will use for next time because I know she is helping me to become a better communicator and to write my resume and cover letters, which I made for the first time. So it wasn’t as bad as I thought. Everyone that was part of JFY and the volunteers were very helpful and I really appreciate them for doing this for the youth!

- Julie Guintu

I believe that the mock interview I had on the Youth Screening Day was extremely helpful. My interviewer offered helpful constructive criticism regarding large and small issues. She even pointed out mistakes that I had in my cover letter that I didn't even realize myself. Thus, with her help, I was able to polish my resume, cover letter, and interviewing skills. I believe that this interview will help me enormously when I go to future interviews. I want to say thanks to Jobs for Youth for offering this opportunity. Thank you!

17 yr old, Lowell High School

No comments: